The terms and conditions agreement applies to the hire or purchaser of goods and services (referred to as ‘the Client’) with Covers Hire Ltd.
The Client agrees to the following terms and conditions on payment of deposit and/or collection of goods and services.
- All prices exclude GST
- Prices are subject to change without notification.
- Quotes are valid for 7 days, if booking is made after 7 days then prices will be subject to current pricing
- Internet payment to account 06-0185-0404975-000. Please use your name & invoice number as reference
- Credit Card payments can be made at our premises or we can accept absent cards – you will need to provide us with your credit card number and expiry date – this information is not held. Payments using credit card will incur a surcharge of 3.5% to cover additional card fees charged by the bank.
- Late or overdue invoices will be charged 2.5% per month, and where debt collection is necessary all recovery fees will be charged to the Client.
- Secure your booking with a 25% non-refundable deposit; this must be paid within 7 days from receiving your invoice to confirm your booking.
- If your order is $100 or less full payment is required.
- If booking is made 14 days or less before hire/event date then full payment is required.
- A bond is payable prior to hired items are dispatched.
- Payment of the balance is required 14 DAYS prior to hire/event.
- Bond is refundable 10 days after items returned in good, complete order.
Cancellation and Changes
- Cancellation Fees apply to any booking cancelled within three months of event date, any items purchased outside this time specifically for your event will be charged for.
- All cancellations incur a $50 admin fee.
- Cancellations made less than 14 days out from an event will receive a refund for the delivery and collection fees only (if applicable) – the cost for hire equipment is considered a cost of lost opportunity and is not refundable.
- Basic changes to an order may be made up to 14 days out from an event. If less than 14 days and the change is a reduction in hireage; depending on item there may be a restocking charge.
- Custom hire order cancellation/changes may incur a cost and will be subject to hire item/s
- Any items already purchased by Covers Hire Ltd for your hire/event will be charged to the client.
Responsibility of Hirer (Loss or Damage)
- The Client is responsible for the correct use of all hired items and must guard against misuse, damage or loss of items from the time of pick up (or delivery) from Covers Hire Ltd until return from Client (or Collection by Covers Hire Ltd).
- The Client will ensure the correct fitting of the chair covers and shall not attempt to alter, repair or modify items.
- Chair sashes must all be untied before returning.
- The Client must ensure correct use of candles and in accordance to venue requirements. Wax damage to table linen will incur extra charges.
- Wax must be removed from all candle holders before returning.
- The Client agrees not to use the equipment at locations or purposes different to the equipment’s general designated purpose and specified suitability, such as indoor vs. outdoor use. The Client acknowledges responsibility for equipment and is liable for any damage.
- If hire items are returned damaged, broken, heavily stained or missing items will be charged at full replacement costs and/or repairs will be charged for damage to or loss of any hire item or packaging.
- The Client will accept liability to any injury or damage caused to the client or associate users and their property if hire item/s are incorrectly used.
- Hired items remain the property of Covers Hire Ltd.
- All hired items have a maximum rental period of 5 days.
- The Client is responsible for all hire items during the hire period.
- Hireage is Based on Single Use Only.
- Items must be returned to covers hire in the agreed time. Late return may incur extra charges.
- The hirer is responsible for items and the correct usage of equipment hired until returned. Items are not covered by Covers Hire Ltd insurance while out on hire.
- We make every attempt to supply items as requested but if due to circumstances outside our control we are unable to supply exactly as requested we reserve the right to substitute with a similar products.
- No refunds will be provided for items that are hired and not utilised.
Collection and Return of Hired Items
- Collection and return of all items to Covers Hire Ltd – 3061 Great North Road, New Lynn will be within opening hours of Monday to Friday from 9am – 4pm or as prior arranged.
- The Client is responsible for repackaging of the hire items being transported back to Covers Hire Ltd.
- All packaging used for hire items must be returned with hire items in correct original packaging.
- If damage occurs due to repackaging by Client, the Client will be liable for the subsequent costs.
Delivery and Pick Up
- The Client agrees to all delivery/pick up charges, freight/courier and handling costs as applicable.
- All packaging used for hire items delivered must also be returned with hire items in correct original packaging.
- Hired items must be located at an easy access point on street/ground level by an entrance/loading dock for easy delivery/pick up. Extra charges may be payable for delivery/pick up from higher or lower levels.
- Locations/Venues with difficult delivery/pick up entrance/loading dock access may incur additional charges
- Covers Hire Limited standard Delivery/Collection charges are subject to change without notification. (Charges are dependent on distance to delivery location from showroom – please ask for cost)
- Covers Hire Limited Set/Packdown charges are subject to change without notification. (Charges are dependent on hire order and distance to delivery location from showroom – please ask for cost)
- Covers Hire Ltd reserves the right to take photos at event locations utilising Covers Hire Ltd equipment. Photos are taken with a focus on the equipment and are selected with due care to exclude recognisable private property and persons. Photos may be used in publications or other media produced, used, or contracted by Covers Hire Ltd.
Limitation of Liability
- Except where the company is in breach of a guarantee in terms of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, the client in entering into this contract acknowledges that in all other circumstances whatsoever Covers Hire Ltd shall not be liable for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damage, loss or expense whatsoever and howsoever arising (whether in contact or in tort) including that resulting from negligence of the Company or arising by operation of law and whether suffered by the Client and/or third party for any amount that exceeds the amount actually paid by the Client to Covers Hire Ltd pursuant to this contract.
- If the Client is acquiring the services for the purposes of a business as defined in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, the provisions of that Act do not apply.
- If the Client is purchasing goods rather than hiring them, then except as prohibited by law, all guarantees in respect of the equipment, whether express or implied, are excluded.
- If during the hire period, the Client moves, adjusts or removes any items/displays installed by Covers Hire Ltd, Covers Hire Ltd accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or injury sustained by the Client, or any other parties resulting from such activities.